July 15, 2019
36V, 5A, high-efficiency, fast transient, non-isolated, DC/DC power module with integrated inductor
The MPM3550E is a high-density, non-isolated, DC/DC power module for space-sensitive applications. The module offers a very compact solution that achieves 5A of continuous output current with fast transient and good stability over a wide input supply and load range. The MPM3550E can provide an adjustable output voltage from 1.0 – 12.0V via an external FB resistor (default 3.3V output). Ultra-high efficiency is achieved using synchronous rectification and control techniques.
The MPM3550E offers standard features, including an internal fixed soft start, remote enable control, and power good indicator. The MPM3550E has fully integrated protection features, including over-current protection (OCP), short-circuit protection (SCP), output under-voltage protection (UVP), input under-voltage lockout (UVLO), and thermal shutdown.
The MPM3550E integrates a switching controller, power switches, inductors, a modest amount of input and output capacitors, and all support components in an advanced 12mmx12mmx4.2mm package. The MPM3550E only requires a minimal number of standard external components. This compact solution helps system design and productivity significantly by offering greatly simplified board design, layout, and manufacturing requirements.
MPM3550E Key Features
- Integrated Inductor, Switches, Controller
- High-Efficiency Synchronous Mode Control
- Low Component Count and Small Size
- Ease of Design and Fastest Time to Market
- Wide 4.5V to 36V Operating Input Range
- Output Adjustable from 1.0V to 12.0V
- Ultra-Fast Transient Response
- Internal Fixed Soft-Start Time
- External Frequency Selection Pin
- Power Good (PGOOD) Indicator
- Non-Latch OCP, SCP, UVP, and UVLO
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Remote Enable Control (EN)
- Available in an LGA-18
- Operating Temperature: -40°C to +125°C
- CISPR25 Class 5 Compliant
- Weight: 1.4g
- Guaranteed 5A Continuous Output Current
- (12mmx12mmx4.2mm) Package
Learn from the top thought leaders in the industry.
Stay Up to Date With The Latest News & Updates
Join Our Newsletter
Join our monthly newsletter for the latest updates in the electronics industry